Program & Certification Details
Based on the strict guidelines provided by the State of Connecticut Bail Bond Licensing Department, we have developed a detailed training course to prepare you for an exciting career in the Bail Bond industry.
Your Classes with New England Bail Bond School will be informative, entertaining and thorough, to provide you with the knowledge necessary to pass the state bail bond licensing exam.
Below are some of the topics we will cover:
- Insurance Regulations/Licensing
- Code of Ethics/Agent Regulations/Ethical Industry Standards
- Connecticut Insurance Department Important Information
- Legal Framework/Elements of a Legal Contract
- Common Industry Terminology
- History of Bail/Bill of Rights/The 14th Amendment
- Principles and Practices
- Premium Rates
- Types of Bonds
- Domestic Violence
- Qualifying the Defendant/Preparing to Write a Bond/Duties of the Bail Bond Agent
- Court Appearances/Defendant
- Bail Release Scenarios/Release of Surety
- U.S. Supreme Court Taylor vs. Taintor
- Bond Forfeiture/Right of Surety to Pursue Principle Who Has Fled
- Discharge of the Surety’s Obligation
When you complete this course and training you will be issued a certificate of graduation from our school. This must be shown to the test vendor as verification that you have met all the education requirements to take the Connecticut State Exam.
Click here to read the State Requirements before you apply.
Click here to fill out our School Application.